CDC Treatment Guidelines for Gonococcal Infection, 2020
These webinars discuss: CDC’s recently released updated Gonorrhea Treatment Guidelines including recommended and alternative treatment regimes, the rational for the changes, state specific updates on expedited partner therapy (EPT), and a question and answer period.
Presumptive Diagnosis and Treatment of Common STIs
In partnership with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, this webinar covered: the current shortage of STI test kits and laboratory supplies, most notably for chlamydia and gonorrhea nucleic acid amplification tests (CT/GC NAAT); presumptive diagnosis and treatment of common sexually transmitted infections in the context of the shortage; and expedited partner therapy in Michigan.
Michigan Webinar October 28th 2020 Recording
Providing STD Services in the Era of COVID-19 Webinar Series
This series of webinars discusses highlights from the recent CDC Dear Colleague Letter on providing effective STD care and prevention when facility-based services and in-person patient-clinician contact is limited. The webinars also share examples of implementation within local STD and sexual health clinics.
Webinar - Mandated Third Trimester Syphilis Screening Among Pregnant Persons in New York City (NYC): A Response to Increases in Congenital Syphilis in NYC
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and New York City STD Prevention Training Center provided a webinar on recent changes to the NYC Health Code requiring third trimester syphilis screening, including background information on syphilis in pregnancy and the changing epidemiology of congenital syphilis in New York City and review recent changes to the New York City Health Code requiring third trimester syphilis screening among pregnant persons between 28-32 weeks gestation.
Presenter: Susan Blank, MD MPH, CAPT US Public Health Service, Assistant Commissioner, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Bureau of Sexually Transmitted Infections.
Thursday January 23, 2020: 12:00-1:00pm EST
Thursday January 30, 2020: 12:00-1:00pm EST
July 22 2021 Webinar: STD Update Michigan: Getting on the Same Page
This webinar covers:
- CDC GC Treatment Guidelines
- Michigan’s Updated EPT Guidance
- Responding to Increases in Congenital Syphilis
- Specimen Collection Kit Utilization
July 22 2021 Webinar: STD Update Michigan: How-Tos for the Busy STI Clinic in Michigan
This webinar covers STI Express Visits
2021 CDC STI Treatment Guidelines – August 10 2021
This webinar covers:
- Presenter: Natalie Neu, MD MPH, Medical Director, NYC STD Prevention Training Center, Columbia University
- Updated every 4-5 years, CDC's STD Treatment Guidelines provides current evidence-based diagnostic, management, and treatment recommendations, and serves as a source of clinical guidance for managing sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
NYC Congenital Syphilis Update webinar - 9/23/21
This webinar covers:
- Increases in congenital syphilis in New York City
- Clinical management of syphilis in pregnancy
- Clinical management of congenital syphilis
- Julia Schillinger, MD, MSc, Executive Director, STI Program, Bureau of Hepatis, HIV and STI, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Jason Zucker, MD, MS, Assistant Medical Director, NYC STD Prevention Training Center at Columbia University
CDC STI Treatment Guidelines Webinar: Focus on Adolescents 9/30/21
Description: Updated every 4-5 years, CDC's STI Treatment Guidelines provide current evidence-based diagnostic, management, and treatment recommendations, and serve as a source of clinical guidance for managing sexually transmitted infections (STIs). This webinar will cover 2021 changes, with a focus on adolescent populations.
- Gale Burstein MD MPH, FAAP, Erie County Commissioner of Health and Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at the University at Buffalo Jacobs School Medicine
- Natalie Neu MD MPH, Medical Director NYC STD Prevention Training Center and Professor of Pediatrics at Columbia University Medical Center