The New York City STD/HIV Prevention Training Center (PTC) is one of eight regional training centers funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The mission of the PTC is to reduce sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and HIV morbidity and improve reproductive health by addressing the educational needs of clinical providers throughout New York City, New York State, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. Target audiences include physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners and physicians' assistants who provide clinical care. Located at the NYC Department of Health, the PTC is funded by the CDC and administered by Public Health Solutions.
**If you are a clinical provider from Ohio, Indiana or Michigan, please click here for more information**
1) Upcoming STD/HIV Conference in the US Virgin Islands in January 2014! Please visit the Upcoming Classes page for more information.
2) The PTC, in collaboration with the American Academy of Pediatrics (District II NYS) and Physicians for Reproductive Health, offered an Adolescent Sexual Health Webinar Series. For more information on the archived webinars, please visit the Adolescent Sexual Health Webinar Series page.
3) 2010 STD Treatment Guidelines Summary Card now available!
4) A list of webinars for clinical providers is available on our Online Training page.
- The archive for the "Update on HPV Vaccine" webinar is now available on the Online Training page!
5) Learn more about the Federal Training Center Collaborative (FTCC)
6) GC Treatment Update: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention no longer recommends the oral antibiotic cefixime as a first-line treatment option for gonorrhea in the United States because of the possibility that the bacteria which causes gonorrhea is becoming resistant to the drug. The most effective treatment for gonorrhea is a combination therapy: the injectable antibiotic ceftriaxone along with one of two other oral antibiotics, either azithromycin or doxycycline. For full treatment information please click here. Visit the CDC STD website for more information and additional GC resources.
7) Viral Hepatitis Resources are now available!
Diana Torres-Burgos, MD, MPH
Gowri Nagendra, MPH
April Canete, MPH
New York City STD/HIV Prevention Training Center
NYC DOHMH Bureau of STD Control
42-09 28th Street, CN-73
Queens, NY 11101-4132
To visit the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Bureau of STD Control homepage, please click here.